Finding Him

This blog is just a easy window of hope and encouragement from my heart to yours for your every day life. I have my share of disappointments, fears and problems but the one thing I do have that can make life enjoyable, happy and full of love is my relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Silencing Worry


Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phili 4:6-7
  
Sometimes fear grips us, fear of the unknown. Waiting for test results, wondering if someone is going to pull through a sickness, wondering if someone is going to come home safe, worrying if you’re going to get that job, worrying how you’re going to provide for your family, how you’re going to keep above the water with bills weighing you down. You sit down and try to figure out everything, calculate your bills over and over and you’re still coming up short. You are not suppose to take care of yourself alone! It was such a release for me when I learned how much God cared for me, while I was a sinner. I don’t mean after I was “good” or after I did something “good” I mean before I became a committed Christian. He cared for me, protected me and provided for me. 





 "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us" Romans 5:8. God is in control! If you put your trust in Him, He will take care of everything. To test God is to prove God. God never wanted you to figure out everything on your own, your God is a God of miracles. God, who provided food out of heaven for the hungry Israelites. Jesus said if God cares and provides for the birds how much more will He care for you. Matthew 6:26 Give Him your burdens, lay down your needs and LET HIM take care of you. 
  




Prayer: 
Father I know you care for me and I know you want to provide for me. I have done what I can do, please take over my life, my bank account and my troubles. Remove this fear and worry from my heart as I know it is not from you. Remind me that you have given me a Spirit of power, love and self-discipline. Display your divine favor in my life so I may give you the glory. I need you, I can not do this on my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment