Finding Him

This blog is just a easy window of hope and encouragement from my heart to yours for your every day life. I have my share of disappointments, fears and problems but the one thing I do have that can make life enjoyable, happy and full of love is my relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Freedom in Choices


"I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments" Exodus 6:6.



Bondage -
The state of one who is bound as a slave or serf.
A state of subjection to a force, power, or influence.


What weaknesses keep you bound? Are you a slave to anything in your life? Is it a drug addiction, a bad habit of smoking, eating unhealthy, always in a state of fear and worry, insecurity, negative thinking or even addicted to a destructive relationship? We have so many choices in our lives, but sometimes instead of choosing God's best for us, we choose what is familiar, comfortable and easy. God encourages us to choose life, "See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction" Deu 30: 15 I knew I had a choice and I knew that God's way was best for me, but sometimes I would just ignore the truth and chose to do what I wanted to do. Instead of trying to stop smoke you just give in, it feels good so why stop? Or have a physical relationship with someone who does not treat you right, or who you are not married to. Isn't it easy to just give in to the pleasure and have some fun? Don't let the devil deceive you into choosing death over life. Yes it is easier but afterwards the shame, guilt and regret sets in and soaks your soul. But be encouraged! God can and will set you free, He WILL rescue you. When you make that first initial decision to make a change in your life and follow God's will - you will be amazed at how much easier it is each time. Saying no becomes easier to say :) Say No to addiction, brokenness and passivity! Say Yes to God and stand up against those things that hold you down, look to Him for guidance and His power to help you overcome. "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you". Luke 10:19 You have the Power of God on your side. Nothing can keep you from the perfect, loving and happy life He has planned for you - you need only look to Him and let Him guide you. Let's choose life together friends, let us all choose to follow Christ!


Prayer
Dear Jesus, thank you for being my best friend and savior. Holy Spirit please remind me that Jesus did not die on the cross to save me once, but remind me that Jesus continually cleanses and saves me. Thank you for your good and perfect will and help me live according to it and have a life of happiness, love and prosperity. Amen 





2 comments:

  1. I can relate to this. Sometimes God's will is staring me straight in the eyes but I'd rather do things my way because I'm so stubborn. But it's amazing that when you obey God, that's when you find freedom. His will sets us free from the bondage we bring to ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true! It's funny how we fight against ourselves, even though we KNOW His way is better for us. Well I think we are blessed to know that freedom is at the end of our trails. Keep up the faith and we will have our reward. Baby steps :)

    ReplyDelete