Finding Him

This blog is just a easy window of hope and encouragement from my heart to yours for your every day life. I have my share of disappointments, fears and problems but the one thing I do have that can make life enjoyable, happy and full of love is my relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Lighting Darkness





“When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. ”John 8:12 
  
Sometimes the world can seem so dark. Children dying, wars going on, violence and murder in our country. There seems to be no regard for life. Mothers are heartbroken, fathers are frustrated or absent. Children have to grow up quickly in order to survive in a world riddled with sex, drugs and violence. But do not fear tomorrow, for Jesus said I am the light of the world. Although we are attacked by darkness everyday, remember your Lord and Savior. Rest in His truth and light. Follow Him and He will direct your path to honor. Goodness and mercy will follow you. He has the light of LIFE, He died so that you can have life and enjoy it, abundantly. John 10:10  Even in your “thought life”, I battled with negative and dark thoughts for many years. Thoughts about your self worth, your future, even how you look at people. Don’t let the darkness turn you into a miserable, bitter person. Let Jesus’ light shine in your life, learn to think like Him. Tell yourself “I am a new creation, God does not hold my past against me so I won’t hold it against me”, 

“God I know you have an awesome plan for my life, even though things are tough right now I look forward to your redemption”, “Although that person is being mean to me right now, help me to be kind to them Lord for I am your representative”. Let your light shine, you are a precious Child of God. You do not have to sit in darkness alone, rise up in the light! 



 Prayer 
Thank you Jesus for the gift of your light. You bring all things to the surface. Like the sunrise your light brings hope, newness and vitality. It also brings warmth and love. Help me to always remain in your light and when I am mislead from your path into darkness, help me to always turn back to the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment