Finding Him

This blog is just a easy window of hope and encouragement from my heart to yours for your every day life. I have my share of disappointments, fears and problems but the one thing I do have that can make life enjoyable, happy and full of love is my relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

Monday, March 30, 2015

Jesus - our only hope

But emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross Phillipians 2:7-8

Photo credit: Krystal Cartwright
Blue Tango plant, local Bahamian plant show. 

In the spirit of this beautiful Easter season we must all take a deeper look beyond the commercial holiday hype to what Easter is all about. Easter is the time of year we as Christians celebrate and honor the Son of God who was sent down from heaven to be sacrificed for our sins. It's all about JESUS. Jesus, the name above all names. Who is mighty to save us. The greatest truth in the Bible, the greatest act of love by God. Sacrificing His begotten Son to stand in for us, to take our pain, sins, filth, shame, fear, wickedness, darkness on Himself, to bear it all and pay the penalty - death. To ransom our hearts from the death and destruction of sin. And all we have to do to receive this atonement, to reap the benefits of this sacrifice is to confess our sins and turn to God. Wow! Would you bear the consequence of a crime for a friend? Would you go to the judge and say "I will stand in for him and I will be punished in his place"?, would you still do it if the punishment was death? Jesus was a beautiful, compassionate person. He spoke life to all, embraced the broken-hearted and cried with the weeping. He was perfect in His doing, he never sinned and He reached out to all in love. Telling people of forgiveness, of living a righteous life, of believing in God who loves them. This gentle Son of Man was beaten, spit on, mocked and crucified - though He didn't deserve it. Jesus did this for us! He did it for you and me and everyone before us and after us. He did it so that you would have freedom from sin! "and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him"​ Hebrews 5:9 So that you will no longer live in the darkness of shame and guilt of sin, but that you might be free! Your forgiveness is not based on your merit it does not weaken or wane when you make a mistake Jesus' blood purchased a perfect, indestructible bond of perfect love. God does not see your mistakes, once you accept Christ He sees you in His glory, perfect, holy and His. God's forgiveness never falters because Jesus never faltered. And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ ONCE FOR ALL Hebrews 10:10 Even if you are a Christian and you sin, simply confess. Do not shy away from God in guilt and shame, confess quickly and do not let the devil keep you down. Admit to God you have sinned, confess and move on. Always move on, the fact is, while we are still on earth we will always sin, our human nature is constantly fighting our spiritual nature. Even Paul said "For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing" Romans 7:19. But be encouraged, Jesus came and eradicated the power of sin over you, trust Him if you battle with a particular sin, pray and ask for His guidance and strength. But always be encouraged, Jesus is always before us, pleading our case to God and constantly forgiving us. He knows our hearts and loves us through it all.


Dear Jesus,
Thank you for your finished work on the cross. You endured hardship, betrayal, pain and torture all for our sakes. You stood in for me and you took my punishment, you destroyed death and call me to a life of freedom. Thank you for continually washing me clean, for presenting me holy to God. Help me with this particular sin, forgive me and guide me to follow your will. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


1 comment:

  1. Abounding Grace

    My sin had left a scarlet stain.
    My guilt of sin brought me such pain!
    Down on my knees I fell, contrite.
    There at His cross, grace washed me white.

    Mercy so great was flowing there!
    Redeeming love beyond compare!
    My guilt and sin all washed away,
    Under the blood Christ shed that day!

    His grace reached down to save my soul!
    Grace guides me on toward the goal!
    His grace will eʼre sufficient be!
    His grace abounds to set me free!

    Bountiful grace was shed on me;
    Shed with the blood of Calvary!
    My debt of sin Christ did erase,
    Because of Godʼs abounding grace!

    From the new book “Comfort in Christ: A Collection of Inspired Poetry by Rebecca Gholson.

    http://www.amazon.com/Comfort-In-Christ-Collection-Inspired/dp/1511795840/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1433294371&sr=1-1

    ReplyDelete